New generation of Multimode Fiber Adapters adds full standards compliant fiber certification capability
A light source and power meter are used to measure the power loss and length of optical cables at 850 and 1300 nm. Certification of Multimode fibers has often been a contentious issue due to the inherent uncertainties in the measurement process. ISO/IEC and TIA have recently adopted an Encircled Flux (EF) standard that standardizes the launch condition for the light sources used in Multimode test equipment. The WireXpert’s new EF compliant adapters give you guaranteed compliance to the EF standard IEC 61280-4-1.
- Compliant to IEC- 61280-4-1 EF standards and IEC-14763-3
- Provides validation to different modal behaviours of various fiber optic manufacturers
- Interchangeable robust SC, LC and ST adapter for EF kit
- Provides troubleshooting with built-in Visual Fault Locator (VFL)
- Improves repeatability of measurements
- Reduces insertion loss variation between laboratory and field instruments