Certification of fiber optic networks made easy
Fiber optic cables are now an integral element in industrial networks, even for short distances, when it comes to meeting the demands for higher bandwidth. Installation of optical fibers, however, requires clean working conditions, correct procedures and a fair amount of knowledge. Cleanliness, in particular, plays an important role in the optical fibers themselves. According to a study by NTT Advanced Network Technology, dirty fiber end surfaces or connectors are responsible for up to 96 percent of network failures. Therefore, it is a good idea to select an easy-to-operate OTDR that can be connected via interfaces to an optical fiber microscope.
The FiberXpert OTDR 5000 is the first choice for this
The handy, optical time domain reflectometer is available for multimode 850/1300 nm or as a combi-device for multimode 850/1300 nm and single mode 1310/1550 nm. For both multimode and single mode fibers, the FiberXpert OTDR 5000 has a very high dynamic range with an event dead zone of < 80 cm, meaning that it is designed for measuring and documenting short fiber links in accordance with standards and for identifying any faults. Further measurement functions, such as attenuation measurement and an optical power level analyzer, allow you to exactly determine the link attenuation and measure the output of active network components. The automatic pass/fail analysis takes place in accordance with the TIA/IEC limits. With this OTDR, standard-compliant tier 2 measurements are as easy as creating professional measurement protocols. Using the new matching optical fiber microscope – which can easily be connected to the OTDR via USB – fiber ends and link end surfaces can be quickly checked and assessed in accordance with IEC 61300-3-35. And all this at just the touch of a button.
Protection for launch fibers
The launch fibers can be wound onto the optional “Launch Cords” and can be rolled out and coiled up again easily. The fiber is ideally protected – in the PRO variants, the coiling up takes place automatically.
FiberXpert OTDR 5000 for multimode/single mode 850/1300/1310/1550 nm
- Standard-compliant tier 2 measurement of fiber optic cables
- Tabular list of link events including their evaluation
- Graphical display of reflection curve for a length-dependent evaluation of all events in terms of reflection and attenuation
- Automatic pass/fail analysis of measurement results in accordance with the TIA/IEC limits
- Automatic macrobend identification
- Integrated attenuation analyzer
- Professional measurement protocols thanks to eXport evaluation software
- Large color touch display
- Optional optical fiber microscope including adapter for the most common fiber optic connectors