tManager enables direct bi-directional data exchange between enterprise systems like Microsoft SQL databases and ControlLogix PLCs. tManager is a ControlLogix module inserted directly into the PLC chassis. tManager eliminates a PC server, software application, or scripting sometimes used to orchestrate transactions between the PLC and SQL database. Using tManager to handle transactions instead of VB scripting or FactoryTalk Transaction Manager has the advantage of eliminating a server, eliminating software, increasing transaction speed, and decreasing project risk.
tManager allows downloading recipes and manufacturing instructions into the controller or uploading production tags for track and trace or monitoring in the database. Microsoft SQL databases are commonly used between MES applications and the production line.
Microsoft SQL and Oracle databases are supported.
Drivers are available to connect tManager in the ControlLogix rack via the front Ethernet port to additional Allen-Bradley PLCs, Siemens PLCs, Schneider PAC/PLCs, and Modbus PLCs.
tManager is part of the Rockwell Automation Encompass Product Partner program. As part of the Encompass Program, Softing designs ControlLogix in-chassis modules directly accessing backplane data and control tags. Also checkout eATM tManager for CompactLogix.
- SQL transaction manager eliminates the transaction server/PC between ControlLogix and database server
- “Configure & Go”: No software coding or scripting for connecting ControlLogix to Microsoft SQL or Oracle databases
- Automatic enumeration of PLC tags and database tables after insertion in ControlLogix rack and logging into database
- Connectivity to Cloud using optional MQTT protocol
Easy to Operate and Maintain
- Easily set-up and monitor your operation through extensive online help and unlimited installations of the configuration software
- Data transfer and transactions are handled by tManager; no software or PC is required for transactions after initial set-up
Rock Solid Security
- No anti-virus updates and on-going security patches required as needed for PC and software based connectivity solutions
- Virus-resistant in-chassis module since PC is eliminated
- It is only possible to edit configuration through the configuration software with assignable user privileges
- IT approved: All SQL commands configured through menu selection. SQL code is view only and not accessible. There is no access to edit or create malicious SQL commands.
Robust Data Handling
- Access to controller data using native backplane communication based on Rockwell Automation Encompass Product Partner program, resulting in increased transaction speed
- No need to modify PLC logic for tag monitoring applications such as monitoring key performance indicators
- Maximized data availability through optional use of store and forward (local buffering) and redundancy using failover server
- Time-stamped data and logs saved of all transactions for audit
- E-mail notifications for transaction status and system operation