As partners of CodeSys, Ti2 would like to share the functions and properties of the runtime system for IEC 61131-3 controllers.
IEC 61131-3 is an independent standardized programming language for industrial automation that provides low-level languages for detailed programmable logic controller (PLC) and programmable automation controller (PAC) programming as well as object-oriented languages features for creating and configuring high-level distributed control system (DCS) and industrial PC (IPC) objects. Which makes it possible to develop ICS applications from PLC, through PAC, safety, remote terminal unit (RTU), motion, IPC, DCS, and all the way to S88/S95 in the same environment under the same standard which makes it to learn and use different tools for varying industrial control needs, unnecessary. With CODESYS Control can adapt the runtime system to almost any platform or requirement with the help of the CODESYS Runtime Toolkit
CODESYS Control SoftPLC runtime system is the required software to program and engineer a device with CODESYS according to IEC 61131-3. With this software any embedded or PC-based device will be converted into IEC 61131-3-compliant industrial controller. This runtime system will make your controller to communicate with other components in the automation environment through its add-on functionality.
Functions of CODESYS Control
- Communication with the CODESYS Development System
- Download, manage, and execute the application code compiled by CODESYS
- Debugging of the application within the CODESYS development system
- Handling of I/O systems and fieldbuses
- Provision of security functions for data and know-how protection
- Execution of optional add-on products, such as CODESYS TargetVisu/WebVisu or CODESYS SoftMotion CNC+Robotics for sophisticated motion applications
Properties of CODESYS Control
- Scalable functionality: Adaptable to the performance and memory design of the target device, for different 32-bit and 64-bit CPU platforms (CISC/RISC), distribution with a system configurator
- Runtime system as a product: Proven quality, established in millions of industrial applications, implementation possible in a short time
- Documented adaptation interfaces: Adaptable and extendable to specific device properties and requirements
- Distribution as object or source code depending on the system environment: Easy adaptation to different operating systems and development environments (toolchains)
- Ready-to-use for Windows / Linux / VxWorks / WinCE: Tests on reference platforms possible immediately, SoftPLC available for standard systems (IPCs, Raspberry PI, BeagleBone Black, etc.) More information and downloads in the CODESYS Store
Please contact us for further information.